Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is finally official. After a series of rumors, which emerged especially in recent weeks, which allowed us to discover the price and specifications of the new product of the Galaxy Note family, the phone was presented at a launch event in Brooklyn, New York.
The highlights of the smartphone are an updated S Pen with Bluetooth support, a larger battery and the larger display of the Note series. Furthermore, Galaxy Note 9 features a sum of 1TB internal Memory, with the top-end model shipped with 512 GB of inbuilt storage microSD cards slot expandable to the same capacity.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 specs:
- Body: Aluminum frame, Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple color schemes, Gorilla Glass 5front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance.
- Display: 6.4″ Super AMOLED, 514ppi; HDR10 compliant (no Dolby Vision), ‘Infinity Display’, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio.
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, dual pixel, Secondary 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm, autofocus, OIS; 2x zoom, slow motion.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, 1440p/30fps
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU, Adreno 630 GPU. Exynos 9810: octa-core CPU, Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- OS/Software: Android 8.1 Oreo, Samsung Galaxy Experience 9.0, Smart Connect Home
, Smart Connect.
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM; 128/512GB Internal storage microSD card slot Expandable up to 512GB Memory.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (non-removable); Adaptive Fast Charging; QuickCharge 2.0 features; WPC(Qi)&PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0, Single-SIM, Dual-SIM (hybrid slot); LTE-A, 4-Band/5-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS.
- Misc: Fingerprint/iris/face recognition; stereo speakers: 3.5mm jack; bundled AKG headphones; DeX dock, Bluetooth-enabled S-Pen stylus with 4096 pressure levels.
Design And Memory
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will be available in Midnight Black, Copper Metallic, Ocean Blue and Lavender Purple, although the exact availability of colors may vary depending on the different markets in which it will land. Interestingly, the Ocean Blue model of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with a yellow S Pen by default, while with all other variations the color of the stylus will match that of the phone.
The price of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 starts from 999 dollars (about 870 euros) in the United States for the variant with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage, with the model with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage is sold at the price of $ 1,250 (about 1089 euros). Pre-orders in the United States will start Friday, August 10th.
Display And Camera
The Galaxy Note 9 is also equipped with a dual camera in the back with dual optical image stabilization. On the front, there is an 8-megapixel autofocus sensor (f / 1.7). Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is equipped with a Super AMOLED Infinity Quad HD + display (1440 × 2960 pixels) of 6.4 inches, with a ratio of 18.5: 9. It is the largest display appeared on a smartphone Galaxy Note up to today.
The Galaxy Note 9 is slightly wider, thicker – and thanks to a remarkable 4000 mAh battery – heavier than its predecessor.
The new S Pen pen now includes a Bluetooth Low Energy module. For the user, it will now be possible to use the stylus as a remote control to control presentations and apps like Gallery and YouTube.
Samsung has announced two variants of the smartphone: one with 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 128 GB of RAM, the other with 8 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 512 GB of storage space. The integrated storage can be completed with microSD cards up to 512 GB of capacity.
Software And Hardware
As expected, the phone is also equipped with other specifications that make it in effect a top of the range: in particular, it should be mentioned that the Galaxy Note 9 arrives with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor in the United States and other markets, while in Europe the device is powered by a Samsung Exynos 9810.
Connectivity options include 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C, a 3.5mm headphone jack and Gigabit LTE (Cat. 18) with support for speeds up to 1.2Gbps. Galaxy Note 9, with an IP68 rating, supports wireless charging and works with Android 8.1 Oreo as an operating system.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Full Specifications:
|NETWORK||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G bands||LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps|
|Status||Coming soon. Exp. release 2018, August|
|BODY||Dimensions||161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm (6.37 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)|
|Weight||201 g (7.09 oz)|
|Build||Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|– Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
– IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
– Stylus (Bluetooth integration)
|DISPLAY||Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.4 inches, 103.2 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|– HDR10 compliant
– Always-on display
|PLATFORM||OS||Android 8.1 (Oreo)|
|Chipset||Exynos 9810 Octa – EMEA
Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 – USA/LATAM, China
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA
Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) – USA/LATAM, China
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA
Adreno 630 – USA/LATAM, China
|MEMORY||Card slot||microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only|
|Internal||512 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM|
|MAIN CAMERA||Dual||12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
|Features||LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama|
|Video||2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec|
|SELFIE CAMERA||Single||8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF|
|Features||Dual video call, Auto-HDR|
|SOUND||Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|– 32-bit/384kHz audio
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
|COMMS||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|USB||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM|
|– Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
– Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
– Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
– ANT+ support
– Bixby natural language commands and dictation
– MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
|BATTERY||Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery|
|MISC||Colors||Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black|
|Price||About 1000 EUR|
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.