Being able to play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone and iPad is something everybody would love to understand a way to do. YouTube traditionally stops both audio and videos as soon as you quit the app. this can be done because YouTube expects you to get its YouTube premium to get this feature. With YouTube premium, you’ll play both audio and videos on the platform in the background together with an ad-free experience – No ads each time you wanna watch a video once you subscribe for YouTube premium.
However, there’s a workaround for this and by this, I mean having the ability to play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone and iPad, not the no ads part. This workaround is step by step phasing out on iOS as newer versions of the operating system have somewhat boycotted this so as to make individuals subscribe for YouTube premium once the feature is. therefore If your iPhone or iPad is on iOS 9 or below then you can most likely use the safari browser for this however if you’re on iOS 10 or above then you’ll need to download another browser, preferably Opera Browser.
How To Play Youtube Videos In The Background Of iPad And iPhone
With this trick, you’ll get to listening to your favorite music or videos without your phone screen staying on and exhausting your battery. you can play the music or video in the background, slide your phone into your pocket and you’re sensible to go. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Using a Third-party browser (Not safari Browser) Visit the YouTube website.
- Look for the music you’d wish to play in the background and play it.
- Once it starts enjoying, hit the home button which can stop the music or video instantly.Now Swipe up to access the control center of your iPhone or iPad.
- You’ll see the music or video in the control center, Hit the Play Button and also the music should begin playing in the background.
- Just like that, you now have a YouTube Video playing in the background on your iPhone or iPad.
Note: after you open the browser you used or are using to play the YouTube in the background and shut it or return home by touch the home button, the video/audio will stop playing again and you’ll need to access the control center to play it again.
If you actually don’t wanna bear this trouble on every occasion you wanna play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone or iPad then you can simply subscribe for the YouTube premium. The plan price about $13/Month i think and you’ll get to play any video you wish in the background. Also, you get an ad-free YouTube.